New Graduate Nurses
PresMed Australia offers a 12 month program for New Graduate Registered Nurses in both Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck. Our 12 month program consists of:
- Enrolment in one or both of the American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses Certification and Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck Nurses Certification.
- Provision, review and testing of all Ophthalmic course text books including:
- Care and Handling of Ophthalmic Microsurgical Instruments
- Ophthalmic Procedures in the Office and Clinic
- Ophthalmic Procedures in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Centre
- Scope and Stand
- ards of Ophthalmic Clinical Nursing Practice
- Essentials of Ophthalmic Nursing Series, covering:
- Book 1 – Ocular Anatomy and Physiology, Embryology, Nursing Assessment, Visual Impairment, Nutritional Disorders, Systemic Disorders with Ocular Manifestations, and Professional Issues.
- Book 2 – Conjunctival Disorders, Corneal Disorders, Lacrimal System Disorders, Lens Disorders, Muscle Disorders, Neoplastic Disorders
- Book 3 – Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders, Retinal and Vitreal Disorders, Scleral Disorders, Traumatic Disorders, Uveal Disorders
- Book 4 – Pharmacology
- Provision, review and testing of all Otorhinolaryngology and Head-Neck course text books including:
- Core Curriculum For Otorhinolaryngology & Head-Neck Nursing
- SOHN School Education Series, covering:
- Hearing Loss Evaluation and Management
- Nose, Sinus and Oral Cavity
- Paediatric Otolaryngology Issues
- Benign Head & Neck Disorders
- Overview of Head and Neck Cancer and Treatment Modalities
- Specific Head and Neck Cancer Treatment and Nursing Implications
- Paid attendance to Sydney Eye Hospital Fundamentals Aspects of Ophthalmic Nursing, other Sydney Eye Hospital courses and other relevant external day surgery, anaesthetic and recovery courses (Covid-19 restrictions pending).
- Rotation throughout all perioperative areas including admissions/discharges, theatre, first and second stage recovery.
- Paid attendance to international certification testing and opportunity to obtain international perioperative nursing credentials in addition to completing the facility program.
- Extensive online education opportunity covering all elements of Perioperative nursing from practice standards to clinical information sessions delivered by highly skilled Surgeons.
- Regular program update and support check-ins with the management team.
- Opportunity for ongoing career development and long term career prospects within a highly specialised field.
Please note the intake for the 2022 Perioperative New Graduate Registered Nurses Certification has been filled.
For more information, or to express interest in the 2023 intake, please contact our Human Resources team on 02 9413 4822 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org