Corporate Services – Quality Officer
May 8, 2020
Presmed Australia is one of the leading healthcare companies in Australia, specialising in the establishment and management of surgical day hospitals. Presmed facilities include Chatswood Private Hospital, Sydney’s only dedicated private hospital for specialist surgical procedures of the eye, ear, nose and throat, Central Coast Day Hospital, Epping Surgery Centre and Madison Day Surgery.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Officer to provide direction and oversee the quality and risk management program across the organisation in conjunction with the Director of Nursing at each facility, and the CEO. This is a full time, 12 month position to cover leave.
The successful candidate will have outstanding communications and organisational skills, a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to accept ownership for a diverse range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Implementation of the Quality Program for the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare, Version 2 National Standards
- Ensure the organisation meets accreditation criteria for the National Standards and ACHS
- Assist with analysing, reporting and benchmarking data related to clinical governance activities (such as Indicators contained within the National Standards, ACHS Clinical Indicators, and clinical reviews)
- Maintaining policy manuals
- Database maintenance
- Travel between facilities as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary Qualifications in one or more fields of Business Administration, Health Sciences, Marketing or Communications
- Proven experience in Quality Improvement and Risk Management in Healthcare
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet deadline
- Experience with report writing and database management
- Previous experience in day hospitals, ENT and ophthalmic surgery
A valid “Working with Children Check” will be required for this position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
Apply for Corporate Services – Quality Officer
Please ensure that you include a cover letter and cv