100% Double Vaccination Rate
October 18, 2021
Congratulations and thank you to our Staff at Madison Day Surgery on their 100% Double Vaccination status in accordance with NSW governement requirements for health care workers.
Madison Day Surgery continues to prioritise the safety of its Patients and Staff by implementing these Covid-19 response measures:
- No visitors on site – Carers collecting patients upon discharge are to continue to wait for them at the screening point unless otherwise arranged. Children may be accompanied by one carer.
- Offering Rapid and PCR testing at MDS for staff
- Managing Admissions with appropriate infection control and public health measures to minimise the risk to health care workers and the community.
- Staff Education Program includes competencies of Personal Protective Equipment and protocols for theatre management, including patient and staff risk assessment and social distancing.
All Visitors and Staff must undergo a brief health screening, including temperature screening and QR Code check-in before entering the Hospital and will not be able to visit if they:
- Are unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms.
- Have a temperature ≥ 37.5°C.
- Have been identified as a close personal contact with a confirmed case.
- Have been in close contact with a suspected case.
To safeguard our patients, staff and doctors, to enter the hospital, you must practise the following precautions:
- You must wear a face mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- Avoid contact with others (including touching, kissing and hugging).
- You should aim to remain 1.5 metres apart at all times.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use your elbow.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
A collaborative approach in the workplace that includes discussing, planning and facilitating COVID-19 vaccinations is an important part of Australia’s vaccine rollout, because having a vaccine is one of the best ways to protect ourselves and our community against COVID-19. MDS is proud that all of its staff and doctors will be vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with NSW government requirements for health care workers.